On Tuesday, we went to Johnson City. Started out foggy but cleared up by noon. Great day. I'll do a separate blog on the Johnson Settlement and LBJ ranch.
Wednesday, our friends, Flo and Dana, left to go down to Corpus area for a few days. Then on to Brownsville and then the valley. Their camper was in front of us. On Thursday we both commented on how much noisier the interstate traffic is. Couldn't believe that one camper could block that much noise.
We also have new neighbors to our right (north). Haven't had a chance to talk to them. Think it's a family of 3 in the Hi-Lo. Also, appears they work nights including the son. Seems a lot of people who work in the area work at the power plant. The power plant is adding on so a few people have been coming and going depending on job skills. Hope we're not too noisy during the day while they sleep.
Tonight, we're going to let the campground feed us: chicken potpie on the menu. Love it when I don't have to cook. Has nothing to do with the cooking just the dishes. Last night I got out of doing dishes when I cut my finger. Small but very deep cut. Still hurts and bleeds a little this morning but getting much better. Band-aids are great.
Went through a couple of boxes and bags this week. Sorted a few pictures for scanning. We found a couple of items that we thought we had given away. So yesterday took a trip to the post office and mailed 3 packages. Maybe you're one of the lucky recipients.
Cleaned out the closet yesterday and threw out a few items that I didn't use during the winter. Wasn't sure what I'd need so kept a little more until I could determine. I got rid of 3 pairs of old shoes (and I don't need to replace them) and a couple of shirts. Will probably need to clean out the closet again in a few months.
Some new birds arrived on our little pond. At least 2 blue heron and 2 Great White Egrets. They are so graceful flying around the pond. We're hoping to get a video of them.
Sharon took a couple pictures of the sunsets this week since they were so pretty. Here's a couple of her shots.
This one is looking across the pond from our camper toward the hotel. (southwest)
This one is the pond from the north side.
This one is to the north of the hotel.
This is to the south of our camper.
No comments:
Post a Comment