Last week was one of those weeks that you lazed around and enjoyed the sun. The weather was marvelous and we didn't feel like doing much of anything. Yes, that means that the laundry has piled up and no additional pictures scanned. But we did enjoy the sun.
I sat outside in a lawn chair reading books and magazines. Read a couple of books. Sharon joined me periodically. She was enjoying time inside - reading, computer, etc. We did run into town once for scripts in the middle of the week.
On Friday, we took the truck for an oil change and fuel filter. We got an email from the truck telling us it was time. Love that feature. It seemed to be taking a very long time. We noticed the truck sitting out front. After about 20 minutes I went and asked the cashier. There was a recall and the truck was waiting in line for a technician to fix. Not pleased that we weren't told. The cashier was very nice and VERY SURPRISED that we hadn't been told. She was told it could take up to a couple more hours - did we want to wait. DID WE WANT TO WAIT!!!!????? Very nicely and I do repeat very nicely explained to her we didn't have a choice but to wait. She said they would see what they could do but there were 2 vehicles ahead of us. She must have performed a few miracles. By 1:00, she came and told us the truck was ready. We had been there since 9:30. If we had known, would have brought books to read. The SI issues were a couple of months old.
I was going to add a couple of pictures of the blue bonnets and tractor that Sharon took. But, since her camera was stolen before I downloaded the pics - guess not. Do have some we took today with the little camera but not as nice as hers.
The blue bonnets are on the right and the Indian paintbrush is the pink flower on the left. Haven't determined the yellow flower yet.
It's so amazing the spring flowers around here.
We're having a potluck tonight in honor of St. Patrick's Day and Sharon's Birthday. The park hostess is baking her a cake and making a reuben casserole. Please note that it's not I who are doing those things. However, I'm making the pistachio salad she requested and doing a chicken, broccoli, rice, cheese casserole for those who don't want corn beef. Like me.
Need to go check on the rice and chicken. Will start working on the ladies day out blog next.
No comments:
Post a Comment