Went to breakfast at 7:30 this morning. Yes. I said 7:30. Talked with several people about their travels around the country and other continents. One person told us about her trip to the Antartica, Africa and the Amazon. We discussed various places to visit in the southwest and the best way to tour Alaska.
Went to several seminars on fulltiming, electrical systems, holding tanks and birding 101.
Learned some new words today. Such as y'all is singlular and all y'all is plural. ing doesn't exist in Texas, it's mornin, parkin, eatin, campin.
Opening ceremonies was done very nicely. The colors were presented. We pledged allegiance, sang the Star Spangled Banner and O Canada. There are several Canadian members. At this convention, there are 351 women attending.
There were a couple of pink hats with flamingos on top. Thought of buying a couple for Christmas presents but no one would part with them.
Way too hot and humid. Tomorrow we have a couple of people stopping by to show us how to flush tanks, especially the water heater. They will also walk on the roof and check it out for us.
Very tired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I bet the ladies in the flamingo hats were the ones from the forum I post to -
ReplyDeletehttp://www.rvamerica.com/TownTalk/RVAmericaForums/tabid/79/GroupID/2/Default.aspx (not sure if the link will work or not)
I wish I had had gotten a chance to go to all those classes - I would have felt allot better about my RV !
Good for you two - enjoy !!!