Going to try and blog. May not be each day. We've started on our first trip to San Antonio. First day - off to a rough start. Needed air in the tires. Ever tried putting air into duallies. Neither Sharon or I could. Good thing we were only 5 miles from the campground. Dave & Patricia (KOA owners) came to our rescue. Actually they did it. In the rain, too. So - off to a late start. Didn't actually hit the road until 12:36 pm. Had rain and construction all of the way. Sharon was REAL pleased when I took a small nap while she was driving. lol
Arrived at Emporia, KS safely. However, they had rain all day, also. Set up in the rain, mud, and clay. When it rains, it pours. Sharon forgot to set the water indicators back so we filled the fresh water tank all night. Well, at least you couldn't tell the overflow from the water puddles of the rain.
We set off for Marietta, OK. Clouds most of the day. We did see the sun for about 15 minutes off and on all day. Staying at a KOA campground off the interstate. They had rain all week. So, more mud, clay and puddles.
It's been damp and chilly. Have needed the furnace. In looking at the weather station, we'll take 53 degrees over snow any day. Tomorrow it looks like our high will be 77 with sunshine. San Antonio here we come.
I'm (Sandy) going to try posting most days but it will be in the evening. Sharon says she's not but I'm working on her. So, since I'm not a morning person and Sharon wants to start the day before noon - it will be evening posts.
Sorry we'll be missing the first snow fall in Des Moines. (NOT).
Need to go and watch the Twins beat the Yankees.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment