Whole Foods is an organic grocery store. Everything in it is organic. Pretty impressive. A couple of pictures below. Produce section in the background, bought pears (99 cents a pound) and a butternut squash. Ate the pears for breakfast this morning - they were wonderful. The other picture is Sharon looking over some mini cupcakes. They looked very good - chocolate, of course - but we're so proud. Didn't make it into the cart. The shelves behind her, where the clerk is standing, is all tea. I know a lot of variety of tea, but this truly amazed me.
The whole time we were in the store it smelled like a smokehouse - hickory. Of course, Sharon got tired of it fast.
After we were done here, we decided to have lunch. None of us had eaten at Freddie's before - so we thought we try it. How can you go wrong with frozen custard and steakburgers. Trust me you can't. But we were too full to try the frozen custard but I must say the turtle sundae did look good. Guess, we'll just have to go again.
We were going back to get in our friends truck and Sharon wanted me to get a picture of the sign. We were at the Alamo Quarry. Took me just a short period of time to figure it out. he he. It was quite fun watching her stand in front of the truck pointing at the sign.
Now, on to Central Market. I loved this store. Sharon thought it was a little "ritzy". We did buy a couple of things here, too. We needed to do grocery shopping but decided not to fill our friends back seat so we went out again on Thursday. I forgot to take pictures until we had checked out. So, the only picture I have is the flowers and plants for sell before you reach the checkouts.
On Thursday, we went to Walmart for groceries. Tried out a different one from last year. It was o.k. Not quite the fun experience of the other two but we did buy what we needed.
It will be time to get ready to go to work soon and I should think about waking Sharon up from her afternoon nap. But, I'll wait to wake her up after I'm done. She sometimes wants to know what I'm writing. :)
We're doing o.k. and with the rig a few spaces away from the office and clubhouse - we're getting some excercise, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment