Today, we got up at 6:00 AM. O.k. So Sharon got up at 5:45 to make coffee and I got up at 6:00. At this time of the morning, you need coffee to get moving. Or at least thinking. We packed up. Well, most of it. The slides did have to come in. We went to a local dealer. Arrived before 9:00 am. Pretty good for us. Our living room TV went out. While we were there, we also had them look at the bathroom vent fan, the stove, and our tires. I thought the oven wasn't working quite the way I wanted it to. And I don't mean burning food. They checked out everything. We need a new bathroom vent (the motor was burned out), a new top burner on the stove (the auto ignition had burned out and this may be what is causing my oven problems) and a new TV (yes- they agreed the sound wasn't working). Very nice people. They needed to order the parts and check with Jayco to determine if new motor or just replace the whole vent. Everything is under warranty. They don't keep extra TVs, so need to order one of them, also.
When all of the parts arrive, we'll be making another trip back. Depending on how long it takes to fix - we may want to wait until a little later in the day. The downtown traffic wasn't too bad at 8:30 but I think it would be better after 9:00.
Today was a beautiful day. I opened a couple of windows. Sharon came inside from playing and closed them all. She thought it was a little too cold. It was 70 in here. It's been colder than that. The furnace didn't run - so what could be the problem?
Last night we went down for grill night. Bring your own meat to grill and a side dish to share. I made scalloped corn and took some brats. It was nice last night,also. Shirt sleeve weather for me - light sweatshirt for Sharon. She says it's the cumedin but I think it's old age. You know, she will be another year older next month. lol Oh yeah, back to supper last night. One lady brought a zuccini/tomato dish. It was great - had some parmesan cheese and some italian herbs. We also had 7 layer salad. I even ate some even though it had cold peas in it. Also had garlic cheese bread, brownie bites and peaches & cream dessert.
Tonight, we had left overs for supper and will be going down to play games a little later. Our neighbors got a new camper. It's a Carri-Lite. Fifth wheel. Very pretty. They're fulltimers and as soon as they got stuff put away, we get a tour. It has a shower up front over the hitch - where our closet is. Can't wait for the tour. New campers are always so much fun.
Not sure what's in store for tomorrow. Supposed to be close to 70. I guess it just depends on how we feel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"ONLY 70" !!!!! I was happy it got up to 32 today :D If it were 70 degrees I'd have all the windows open and the fan on !!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you're enjoying yourselves - it's good to move once in awhile, just so you remember what to do !
Have fun.