Friday, February 12, 2010

Plain Ol Friday

Woke up early this morning. It was almost 8:00 am. Imagine. No one was in the laundry room up here so went and did another couple of loads. I couldn't imagine having 6 loads of laundry but this week I did 8. It doesn't pay to get behind. I even got the rags washed.

This afternoon the sun is shining. Still a little chilly but it's amazing how your attitude can change when you look out and see the sun. Yesterday, it rained all day. Don't think it quit until late last night. On the west end of the campground, we thought they may decide to start a new pond. I forgot to take a picture. Water wasn't above truck tires or up to camper steps but it did cover a lot of the ground. Today, it's starting to diminish.

Yesterday, Sharon needed to pick up a script so we headed into town. Had some fun at Walgreens just looking around. Of course, in honor of Valentine's Day, I bought me some chocolate. Sharon had to have her M&Ms. She still has the M&M dispenser. Since she loves the color PINK so much, we bought the regular colors. :) I got a chocolate covered caramel heart. It was raining and we didn't feel like doing much else so we decided to find the meat market that the campground host told us about. The GPS got us there. It was a little confusing. The GPS said we had arrived but all we could see was a gas station. We moved the truck a little more forward and AHA there it was. It was a great meat market. Now, I really want a little freezer. But we bought accordingly and it fit in our freezer along with some ice cream. Tomorrow, I'll be making boneless ribs for dinner.

Tonight, we'll go down to the lodge for supper. It's pasta night. I suggested red velvet cake for dessert but haven't heard yet what it will be. Sunday, they're having a Valentine's brunch. A little more expensive $5. The menu is great: peaches & cream french toast, fresh fruit, eggs ranchero, breakfast casserole, assorted muffins, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, tuxedo strawberries, chocolate fondue, waffles, non-alocoholic mimosas, and virgin marys. Should be great. Of course, all the coffee you can drink. I know I'm leaving something out. Oh well.

Realized that I needed a few more groceries so after laundry, headed back into town. This time went to Walmart. Have you tried the Mac Snack at McDonalds. Of course, it's good if you like Big Macs. Tried one this pm before checking out. It's been cold at night so had to have one of the LP tanks filled. Been filling them one at a time rather than both at once. Makes me feel better. Don't have to fill quite as often since it's been warmer. Last time was on Feb 1st. Looking forward to warmer weather.

Doesn't look like we'll make it to the rodeo. Maybe next time we're in the area. I took a break from sorting through some more pictures to scan. This time I had some from Sharon's family reunions. Need to get them done and see what's in the next box. Old pictures can be fun to look at. The scanning is great and the card works real well on the digital frame. Well, I guess I better get back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment