The sun finally decided to shine on Friday. We needed to make a trip to the Post Office on Friday so it was nice to get a few rays. After mailing the packages, we just didn't want to go back. So ROAD TRIP. Where? That was the next question. We had heard about Floresville, so what about going there. On the GPS it was only 14 miles away. Not bad. Looked up shopping in Floresville on the GPS. Have I mentioned how much I love that GPS unit. Arriving in Floresville, we saw a sign for Visitor Center. Good place to start. It was a little building in the middle of this parking lot. A very nice lady was working inside sitting at a desk. We looked at some of the brochures and then just had a nice chat. We wanted a place to have lunch and we wanted to find Mrs. Annies and Sisters. Sisters is a gift shop - just so happened to be right next to the Visitor Center. This was meant to be. Mrs. Annie's has peanut and pecan brittle. We tried a small sample at a gas station and it was absolutely wonderful. Since it was made in Floresville, we should find it.
First, Sisters Gift Boutique.
This place was awesome. I told Sharon it was a good thing we now live in the camper, otherwise...... It's one of those stores where you can find some very unique presents. They had clothing, jewelry (no, I didn't buy any - tempted, though), plaques, candles, dishes, etc. It reminded me of the General Store that was at Valley West Mall. They were having a sale on some items. Did buy this plaque.
If I had a place to put a magnet, I would have bought this that said: When I get tired of shopping, I just sit down and try on shoes. :) Yes, they had shoes at this store, too.
After this, we decided to have lunch. There were two places she mentioned since we didn't want Mexican food. Jack's cafe and Trail Riders Steak House. So off we went to find Jack's Cafe. We finally found it.
We had two of their daily specials. Sharon had grilled catfish, baked squash, and coleslaw. I had marinated pork chop, mac n cheese, and green beans. Of course, we had an appetizer, sweet potato fries. They were absolutely excellent. All of this for under $20. The lady was right, this was a great place to eat. Jacks is named for a family not a person. It was the first letters in their names: Joseph, Autumn, Calvin, and Kaitlin.
We then went in search of Mrs. Annies. Also wanted to drive downtown. The downtown district is historical and has a lot of small boutiques. We found Mrs. Annies and decided to come back again for some of the other shops. Reminded us a little of Valley Junction.
We headed back home. Friday night we had supper at the Lodge. Theresa had made chicken enchiladas, that's why no Mexican in Floresville.
Last night, we went down to the Lodge and watched the movie Blindside. What a great movie.
Sharon's watching Iowa play and of course, it's pizza today - Super Bowl.
Great self control ! It was hard to not buy stuff when I lived in the RV so I can sympathize !!
ReplyDeleteIf you want a place to put magnets, get a piece of metal, either a cookie sheet a cute cake pan or I used tiles meant for a backsplash. Put that up in the kitchen with 3M strips or something like that, and voila ! A place for magnets !!
Enjoy the Super Bowl