Thursday, November 5, 2009

Alamo and River Walk

After running to the store yesterday morning, went downtown SA with some friends. They had been to the Alamo so Sharon and I spent some time there and met up with them on the River Walk.

The Alamo was amazing. Only a small portion of it's left and it's in the city. Here's the front of the shrine. It's part of the original church and has the room where survivors were found (women & children). I posted some pictures on our Kodak site in case you're interested.



The museum/gift shop was very nice. The museum pieces were interesting. It also included a diarama of the battle. We picked up a brochure. This morning we realized we missed a corner. Guess we'll have to go back. We missed looking through the barracks. This is a picture of the barracks.



We then went down to the river walk. By the time the afternoon was done, neither Sharon or I wanted to climb anymore stairs. As we were leaving we found the elevators. Oh well, we survived. Here are a few pictures. As we were descending the stairs to the river, there were several waterfalls. This is the first scene we saw when we got to the river.



Had a great time. Decided to take a river barge ride. This is what it looked like.



We learned about the history, various historical buildings, plants and trees, and other places of interest along the route. The round trip tour lasted about 35 minutes. Here's a couple of pictures of what we saw. I posted all of them on our Kodak site, in case you're interested.







I guess that's all for now. Doing a little housework today. Sharon caught a cold and is nursing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment