Wednesday, March 27, 2013

It's About Time

Yes, I'm updating.  And, of course, no promises to keep this up on a weekly basis. 

This past week we have been fighting snow and chilly temps.  Today, it's 50 degrees and the snow is gone but it did look like this just a few days ago.



The first picture was on Sunday when we had to work.  The second picture was taken from our window on Thursday when we stayed nice and warm and comfy.

We're going to be closed on Sunday for Easter.  We'll go in and check things out for a couple of hours in the morning and then go over to Scott & Diane's for dinner.

This afternoon we finally got to see Lincoln.  Great movie but I've always been a fan of Lincoln.  I find his life so interesting. 

Sharon and Diane have been talking so it looks like we're coming back to Springfield after the fair. 
Can you believe we're talking about the fair already.

I am so ready for Spring.  We're going to be in charge of the flowers and bird feeders.  Scott wants bird feeders at the deluxe cabins and we love working with flowers.  They're not big on perennials so we'll be using planters and scattering around the front - at least so far.

Next week Scott & Diane will be going to Italy for 10 days.  Sharon & I will be mostly in charge while they are gone.

Last Wednesday we went out to dinner to celebrate Sharon's birthday.  She chose Red Lobster.  She order mahi mahi and shrimp.  Yes, I tried a bite the fish and ate one of the shrimp.  It wasn't bad.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Of course, I wasn't that adventurous so I ordered the New York Strip.

You won't believe this but we're now ordering from Schwan's again.  There is a freezer in the Pavilion that we can use and we're taking advantage.

This is one of the first years I can remember that we didn't fill out brackets for the NCAA tournament.  We have been enjoying the games.  We have the TV on while we're working.  When it's kind of slow, Sharon's in the back watching the games.  So enjoy working while watching TV.  HaHa

While up in Northwest Iowa, Sharon got together with her family at the Pizza Ranch in Rock Rapids.  Donna got a cake to celebrate her and her brother, Kevin, birthdays.


 
 
 
Well tomorrow will be a run errand day and Sharon's doctor appointment.  We need to go to Lowe's to pick up some more suet.  Still have bird seed for another week.  We know we have a pair of Carolina wrens and red-bellied woodpeckers.  So far, we've seen four downies.
 
 
The gold finches are starting to turn a bright yellow.  Sharon took this one yesterday on our new finch feeder.
 
 
 
 
As I said, I definitely want Spring to arrive.  Tired of soggy ground and chilly temps.


No comments:

Post a Comment