Monday, April 2, 2012

Mississippi

Well, we're back in Springfield, MO. Have a lot better internet connection so I'll try and get caught up over the past few weeks.

On Friday, March 16th met some friends (Buddy & Maria) in Bay St. Louis for lunch. We ate at a restaurant that just reopened due to hurricane Katrina. Bay St. Louis didn't receive any federal funding for the 2007 hurricane damage so it's taking them a little while to rebuild. Most of the menu was seafood. I had eggplant parmesan; Sharon had the grilled red snapper. I tried a bite - not too bad.




Sharon celebrated her birthday on the 17th by watching every single basketball game. Yep, she did. She also had corned beef and cabbage for lunch. Notice, I said Sharon had that. If memory serves me correctly, my cheeseburger tasted very good.

On Tuesday, we went to New Orleans. I'll do a separate post for that trip. On Wednesday, we went to the grocery store and fueled up the truck. We heard a storm was heading our way on Thursday & Friday - so decided to go earlier in the week. Coming back from the store - we took a little detour and visited one of the parks close by. A few pictures from the area. We saw some irises growing in water along the roadway and some white flowers growing on these vines climbing trees and bushes. The cypress trees were very impressive.




Almost forgot to mention the storm that arrived on Wednesday night. The rains were unbelievable. David emptied his rain gauge twice by Friday morning - had more than 10 1/2 inches of rain. There was flooding in some of the housing developments a couple of miles to the south of them. Of course, those homes were on the waterways. We definitely understood why the homes in the area are built on "stilts". By the time we got out on the weekend the water had gone down drastically.

Sunday, before we left, Patricia and David took us to Biloxi. I'll do a separate post for that also. The pictures of the sand across the road is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment