Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sharon and the Frog & Various Other Events

Thought I'd start with a recent incident. Who knew that Sharon disliked frogs so much. Let's see spiders, mice, & other various birds & animals don't seem to upset her. But have a frog jump at her from the storage area under the camper and you definitely know that something aweful has happened. She was telling me about it since I was doing laundry at the time - so sorry - no pictures or video. I did ask her if she'd like to relive it so I can film it. Her answer - well, let's just say that there isn't a video for you to watch. Apparently she tried to get rid of it but it preferred to cling to the water hose; side of the camper; rags and whatever else it could attach to. I really would have liked to see how she was trying to remove it since she refused to touch it. Well, she got rid of it and filled in the hole - now mind you the hole is the access on the bottom that the water hose feeds up. Sorry, didn't get a shot of that either. She went out & checked a couple of days ago and no frog so all must be well.

We put up our bird feeder and have had lots of birds. Here's a few pictures.




The Jelly Belly On Tour stayed at our campground a couple of weeks ago. Here's a couple of pictures of their motor home & car. And, of course, we received a "few" packages of beans and gems.




We did make it to Wilsons Creek Battlefield. Will have a separate post about that. Big news in town this past week was the grand opening of the new Hy-Vee food store. Apparently, everyone was excited about it. For the first couple of days, they were shuttling people from another parking lot about 1 block away. Amazing, isn't it. We're still finding which store we like the best. Believe we've been to at least 4 different stores now. Have found a meat market. I can firmly attest that you don't want to buy any meat pre-packaged in the stores here. Oh MY!!

Well, Packers are doing better - Sharon's not quite so mad at them at the moment. Guess, I'll see what I should do next. I'll try & get around to posting about the battlefield in the next day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment