Saturday, July 30, 2011

End of July Already - into August

I've been trying to update the blog now for several days. So, if I get this posted, yea. I downloaded IE 9, then found out the blog wasn't compatible, backed out IE9 and now periodically have problems.

Can't believe it's been over a month since I last posted. The weather is still hot and humid. Can't say that we're overly excited about this summer's workamping. But, at least we get to volunteer at the fair. Seems like we're always working or on-call for something. We decided we won't be working here next summer. The bright spot with the experience we gained this summer, we're hoping it will get us better positions for the winter and next summer. We've sent our resume down to a couple of campgrounds in Texas and a campground in Mesa, AZ is also interested. So, it's getting positive.

We're getting stuff ready for the fair. We help get some of the information ready for the volunteer program. Should be wrapping up this weekend so the coordinator can get it sent to the printer.

Nothing more on Sharon's house. Hope it sells soon.

Last weekend we had a girls day out with my sisters and my nieces. Had a great time. We had lunch at the Ox Yoke Inn:
My sister Marcia, her daughter Michelle; Sydney and Jodi (my brother's daughter and wife)

Teresa (Pam's oldest), my sister Pam, Mykie (Pam's middle child) and Samantha (Pam's youngest). Can't see Sam very well so I'll add another picture of her and Mykie.




We did a little shopping and tried to see a few museums. Found this small lake full of lily pads


Remember I mentioned ending up at some places - then moving on. Here's a picture of the group moving on. :)


Most of the museums were closed or would take too much time. Did stop at the barn museum, though. Miniature farms, etc. Pretty cool



State Fair starts next Thursday - so hopefully I'll be able to update again real soon. It seems to be working again. And, with any luck we may be heading to Springfield, Mo for the winter beginning September 15th. And, we're talking to the owners at the campground in Onawa, Ia for next summer. Some things are looking up for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment