Watching the playoffs this weekend. So far neither team that I thought would win, won so good thing I didn't enter the pool. Two more games this afternoon - Chiefs & Packers. What are my odds.
It's been a pretty good week. Both Sharon and I received haircuts this week. Mine is a little shorter than I wanted but Sharon is real happy with hers. This time the lady got her color correct. Much happier than last year.
A friend here in the park celebrated her 67th birthday on Wednesday. She did the cooking. Made beef & chicken fajitas, rice, and beans. Had a nice time. Here's a picture of Yoli - we couldn't get her to look up. She's slicing the chicken and beef in this picture.
Had a great weekend here for people attending the meals this weekend. Made lasagna for Friday night and ran out. Saturday morning had french toast bakes and no leftovers. Some of the people were traveling through from various parts of the country. One couple had just come up from the valley, Westlaco, I think. They left there since they heard gun fire every night. We're very pleased to remain here for the winter. Not sure if we'll ever travel down to the valley until the "uproar" is done.
Last Monday we ran some errands including trying another grocery store. The grocery stores are just pitiful down here. Can't believe what they don't carry. Anyway, I decided to go a different way home just to check out the area. Wanted to know what other stores were in the area. Then we drove back towards the interstate. Little did we know it wasn't the same interstate. We ended up going west toward Del Rio. Saw an exit for a street we knew. Got off. We were definitely very west of the campground - at least 15 - 20 miles. By this time it was about 3:00 pm and we were hungry. Saw an Olive Garden sign and decided this sounded very good. On a Monday afternoon at 3:00 pm we had to wait about 15 minutes to be seated. The place was extremely busy. We definitely talked to the people in this campground that told us Texans do not like italian food. Not So!!
Yes, we thought about using the gps but I had downloaded some new maps and wiped out all of our settings. Forgot to program them back. We were messing around or should I say Sharon when we saw the exit. By the way, we had a great time at the Olive Garden.
Set up our new coffee pot yesterday. It's a Keurig. Makes one cup at a time. It's great. The set up came with some sample coffees as well as apple cider and hot chocolate. So far, we've tried out 6 different kinds. Now, it doesn't matter who gets up first to make coffee we can have the kind we want.
When we open our back blinds, this is our view. Thought I'd remind you one more time.
No comments:
Post a Comment