The lil' devils were awesome. I had 2 - Sharon 0. They were hollowed out jalapenos (no seeds) filled with little smokies and cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. They made my eyes water but the flavor was awesome. She said it takes 3 days to make. I think the jalapenos are also marinated.
The turtle pretzels were pretzel logs wrapped in homemade caramel, dipped in chocolate and rolled in chopped pecans.
The stuffed mushrooms had pecans, mushroom stems, sausage and onion soup mix. Sharon had a few of these.
We played chinese bingo for $5 gifts. I ended up with a basket that had 2 jars filled with ingredients to make chocolate chip muffins and butter pecan bread. Notice a theme of pecans. Someone said they're getting a little more expensive. I think they're now $14 for 5 lbs. People just thought that was crazy. Sharon ended up with a bottle of riesling. As she said, Oh well. We still had fun. There was lots of laughter during the gift bingo. Sharon did start out with a toy hamster, though.
A few pictures from that night.
A little early for the party - just sitting around waiting. Charles, Lois, Gary and Sharon.
Ray & Yoli
During part of the gift exchange.
No comments:
Post a Comment